Tuesday 7 July 2009

Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Error 54. Unable to print email due to 'runtime error'

Having problems printing an email in Microsoft Outlook 2003? Getting an error and nothing being sent to your printer?
If you get an error message stating something similar to "A Runtime Error has occurred" with a title of Error 54. Clicking OK you get a message asking if you either if you "Wish to Debug?" or if you "want to continue running scripts on the page". Clicking Yes does nothing.
There are two ways to get your email to print;
1) Click "Format" in the email window and choose "Plain Text" instead of "HTML". Please note this option isn't always available and your email will look a bit different.
2) The fix: Go to your Start menu, click Run and enter the following line and then Enter - Regsvr32.exe %Windir%System32Ole32.dll

You'll get a confirmation message. Close down Outlook and all programs on your computer and restart the machine. After Windows has rebooted try printing your email again and problem solved.

3 comments:

  1. One day I wrote the letter and in my home there was a power failure.And in this situation I didn't know what to do.My neighbour advised me-how to fix .pst file outlook.It is free as he said and tool helped me.Besides that utility fix outlook pst under and compatible with Windows 98,4.0,Me,2000,XP,Vista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me exist one tool-outlook 2003 and view personal address book.Why? Because some times ago all my data from PC was damaged because of viruses.And tool recover all my mails!It executed this for free.Moreover tool helped me recover mailboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a tool which can convert ost to pst, i have a tool for pst repair
    Repair outlook pst file tool
    to repair pst file. I have deleted my email, but still i recover all my emails, www.repair-outlook-pst-file.com. Now i have problem with ost, please tell a tool to convert ost to pst.

    ReplyDelete